April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Saturday, December 20, 2008

12.20- "Sugar's"


"Sugar's"

Today I went to Havelock to run some errands, and snapped this from the car.

This is, one must suppose, a bar.

I'm always curious about bars with no windows (adds some suspense for first-time patrons opening the door)... but I have yet to visit this one, so I can't tell you much.

"Sugar's" is located across the road from the U.S. Marine Corps' Cherry Point Station, which helps explain the bulldog with a helmet. Military bases always have windowless bars across the street in my experience.

From Oriental it is a twelve mile drive and a ferry ride away.

I have previously featured the Cherry Point - Minnesott Beach ferry in my post of 11.17.08.


-30-

No comments: