April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Friday, September 5, 2008

9.05- SkywatchFriday - Here Comes Hanna!


About 20-25 mph winds buffet the flag on top of the Hwy. 55 bridge as an outer rain band of Tropical Storm Hanna crosses over the Neuse River and Oriental at about 2:30 p.m., Friday September 5.

An hour and a half later (about 4:00 pm) , as I am writing this post, the sun is out and large puffy cumulus clouds are zipping over us, headed westerly.

All around town boats have been pulled, lines have been doubled, lawn chairs put away or set upside down, a few windows have been boarded, and the picnic benches at Lou-Mac Park have been lashed to the old live oak tree.

Now we wait. I don't know if I'll be able to get any pictures of the scary stuff, since it will be coming in after dark. I'll add more photos to the slide show, above, if I do get any more.

See more views of the heavens from around the globe at:
-30-

9 comments:

Mary said...

Great shot!! Especially interesting in that it's depicts a piece of history in the making. Hopefully not too eventful!

Anonymous said...

Well ahoy from Florida, where we are awaiting Ike. Good luck!
Cheers, Klaus

Anonymous said...

nice photo. I like the stormy clouds and how you used the flag

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Capt. Ben: I certainly hope your boat is able to weather the storm, best wishes.

Columbo said...

Nice shot of Hanna arrival in the near future. Hopefully everything will be minor...I worry about Ike, since I am going to New Orleans next month. Gustav scared the heck out of me. I'm a fan of 'Nawlins' having been there 10 times. Anyway, good luck, and I hope this hurricane season doesn't get anymore active.

Merisi said...

Great composition and light!
You captured some very scary looking clouds. I hope you are safe, best wishes!

DeniseinVA said...

Incredible photo, as are all the photos on your blog. I have enjoyed my visit.

SaraG said...

Awesome pics! I have really enjoyed looking around your site!
Take care

Anonymous said...

Great photo, very engaging.