April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5.28- An Earl Grey day



It's been cool, rainy and gray all day here in Oriental. Most folks have cleared out from Memorial day weekend, but some boats still hanging out in the harbor, probably waiting for better weather for cruising north.

On my return home, I made a nice hot pot of Earl Grey tea. This was the last of a big tin of tea I got at the "Ali-Baba International Food Market" on Wurzbach Rd. in San Antonio over a year ago.

I love the tin, but I sure would like to re-fill it with the same tea. Earl Grey tea from the middle east tastes a lot different than the English / Twinings version... I think has like 10 times more bergamot in it or something.

The Piggly-Wiggly ten miles away in Grantsboro doesn't even carry ANY Earl Grey tea; I have to take a trip to New Bern (the Big City, birthplace of Pepsi (yech!)) to even get Twinings Earl Grey. There are some middle eastern / Indian type delis and markets in Raleigh-Durham area, but that is a 3 to 4 hour drive away. I guess I'll try finding some on the internet...

-30-

No comments: