April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

4.22- Pelicans and friends in Smith Creek

After getting my daily shot from the Dinghy Dock (two boats at anchor today), I went down to the Kayak dock next to the Wildlife Ramp and took some pictures of a Pelican that was diving over and over again, mostly successfully.

I just learned how to use the simulated motor-drive on my camera, so I tried over and over again to to get that Pelican as he was crashing into the water, until I did get the one in today's show.

Later, as I was photo-shopping my pics, I noticed I had captured a Carolina Skiff going by... upon zooming in I realized it was friends Eric and Dan cruising Smith's creek with Eric's two dogs perched on the bow. Eric and Dan look like they are thinking hard about something... Probably looking forward to a snack or something as they are headed back to Eric's house on the creek. I also got a couple of pics of a Red-Tailed Hawk going by. Final shot is one with both Pelican and skiff.



-30-

No comments: