April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Monday, April 21, 2008

4.20- Late night lightning

There was a great lightning show tonight as a storm moved across the Neuse River towards Oriental.

I tried to get some lightning shots, but my camera does not have a "bulb" setting, and the longest exposure I can get is 32 seconds. I took a couple dozen exposures, but none came out as well as I would have liked. Sometimes I really miss my analog cameras.

Here are three that kind of capture the scene. I took these from South Avenue just north of Lou-Mac park. Strikes were occurring all over the place, especially across the river. The first two pictures here show strikes somewhere near the mouth of the Neuse River or in Pamlico Sound. The trees on the left in the second shot are at Whittaker Point.

There was a ton of cloud lightning, very "Poltergeist"/"Indiana Jones" as depicted in the third shot.



-30-

No comments: