April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Thursday, April 24, 2008

4.23- Tern, Bluebird and Boat Washing

Four boats at anchor in the harbor today.

Saw an unusual bird while driving down South Avenue... Usually there are seagulls perched on the old abandoned Neuse Motel pier, but today I saw a flash of an orange bill that made me stop. I got these two pictures before the bird flew off... it was much more skitish than the usual Laughing Gulls that hang out here. I looked it up when I got home, and it is certainly a Tern, though I cannot tell if it is an Arctic Tern or a Common Tern. I am guessing it is the latter, just because, well, it is more common, after all.

Going down Hodges Street I saw this guy washing the hull of his boat while tied up at Town Dock.

When I got home, the neighborhood Bluebird was posing again.



-30-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Royal Tern maybe? It's more common (ironically) in this area.