April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Friday, August 29, 2008

8.29- Skywatch Friday - July 8 storm retrospective

(For best results, click on "->" to start slide show, then click Pause and use arrows to advance slide by slide)
(For best results, click on "->" to start slide show, then click Pause and use arrows to advance slide by slide)

SkywatchFriday special retrospective report. I never did post these pics from July 8, but the rainstorms on Wednesday reminded me I had these pictures.

The captions tell the story.

But I do have a question for my fellow Skywatch Friday visitors, and would love to hear your inputs, perspectives:


I am used to posting photos the day I take them... in fact I have just started participating in City Daily Photo on my other blog, Oriental Daily Photo. The sky today, however, was quite boring, and I didn't really have any good sky pics from this week, even. So, my question is:

Is it more appropriate for me to post Skywatch Friday pictures taken on the each current Friday? Or at least from the week preceding each current Friday?

Or does it make more sense to do as I have done today, that is post pictures I have taken at some point of interesting skies, regardless of when they were taken?
I am very interested in hearing the views on this issue from my more experienced (more experienced than I, that is... this is my second SWF entry) Skywatch Friday participants on this one! Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

-30-

See more views of the heavens from around the globe at Skywatch Friday.

7 comments:

Dirkjogt said...

Great shots! I think it doesn't mather when the photos were taken. I try to post recent sky-pictures but when I didn't get the oppurtunity to take interesting pictures during the week I use older ones. The most important is each week nice or interesting pictures better than a (boring?) blue sky.

TwD said...

Hi Capt.Ben!
I think just as the previous writer. As ab. me, I can sit in the internet very seldom last times. So I do use lot of pics from my archives...
I understand, that that's against the main idea, put let's take another side: better interesting shot than usual sky picture...isn't it?

imac said...

Great shots here.

As to your question = If I havent taken any intersting skies on the week, I always go in my backup, which is mostly happening at the moment.My camera is mostly pointed at the sky, I now have over 600 sky pics in reserve.

Louise said...

Nice series. I'm impressed with your multiple lightning captures in a single day!

Anonymous said...

A storm in a slide show : well done ! As an experienced skywatcher (hum, I just did 6 so far :-) I also wondered about that question. At first I thought it should be of that friday itself, but then I saw that only a few skywatchers did so and I left that idea. So now I take a photo of the last month, also because not all my fridays are that interesting, nor is the sky.

Mary said...

Wow, those shots are great! As to your question, I try to use current pics whenever possible, but sometimes must use backups...

Arija said...

Wonderfully dramatic and interesting shots. Much appreciated.
If the skies are lifeless, who wants to look at them if you think they are of no interest!
Post something you like and others will like it too. It's all about the wonder of the skies, if there are none... substitute!