April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Sunday, November 2, 2008

11.02- Anchored in the Roadstead


Five sailboats at anchor on the Neuse River near the entrance to Oriental Harbor.

While Oriental Harbor is a popular anchorage on the ICW, some boats prefer to anchor out in the Neuse River outside the harbor breakwater near the channel from the ICW into the harbor... an area I generally refer to as "Oriental Roads."

These five boats are from Maine (at least four of them are)... I found them anchored out in the river as I sailed out to Oriental Marker No. 1, then to Whittaker Creek No. 1 and back to the harbor.

I took this picture while I was sailing back into Oriental Harbor just as the sun set.
-30-

No comments: