April 2, 2009
Attention on deck! Daily photos are no longer being updated on The Dinghy Dock...

Visit my other blog,
"ORIENTAL DAILY PHOTO"
for my almost daily photos of Oriental/Pamlico County/ Local Waterways
...

Thanks for coming aboard!
-Capt. Ben

Sunday, June 1, 2008

5.31- Carpodacus Mexicanus



While hanging out with Capt. Roy on the porch of the Captains' Quarters Bed & Breakfast, I noticed these two birds anxiously flitting about, moving between the eaves above us and the power lines nearby.

Capt. Roy told me they had a nest and eggs in a hanging plant on the porch, but we were not allowed to go poking around that plant under orders from Madame Annick.

After downloading the pictures, I quickly identified the birds on the internet: they are male (red) and female (brown/gray) House Finches, or carpodacus mexicanus (or is that mexicanii?)

Today's Dinghy Dock shot:


-30-

No comments: